Monday, March 31, 2008

Ministry: It Begins

Because of Travis and his experience with the Llano Chrysalis Community, I am compelled to write to you - this is the first blog on the llano chrysalis myspace account. I first met Travis when his family came to our church around 2000 or so. Travis is fun-loving, light-hearted, and a people person. He can carry on a convesation, let me tell you.
Later Travis became one of my students. I was an English teacher. I saw Travis in a different light then. He was beginning one of the roughest periods in his young life.

I belive in the law of sowing and reaping. We make choices. You sow love and joy; you will reap love and joy. Deuteronomy 30:19 says, "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life." It was so painful to watch as Travis choose death. His choices brought destruction.

But God never let go. He was constantly persuing Travis. Chasing him because He loves him. He ran after Travis until he had no place else to run and he fell on his knees before the Lord and just like a man in the Bible Travis begged, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." Christ, "filled with compassion" replied, "I am willing; be clean" (Mark 1:40-41).

We too can fall on our knees and acknowledge God’s only provision for our sins. We too can hear, "I am willing; be clean." Christ willingly took God’s righteous indignation upon Himself so that you don’t have to; whoever accepts His death upon the cross as payment for their sins will be reconciled to the God whom they’ve offended.

"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ…God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them…God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:18-19, 21).
God is in the business of transformation. Travis in now ministering to youth. God stayed with Travis through his trials, loved him through it, and is now goingto alow him to use those experiences for His glory. What Satan intends for evil, God intends for good.

On behalf of Travis, let me ask you: Will you accept God’s love today?

Visit the new www.llanochrysalis.blogspot.com page and catch them on myspace.com at http://www.myspace.com/llanochrysalis

No comments: