Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lookin' Good


The other night we were at a birthday party for a family friends child. The birthday child's grandparents are friends of ours too. We actaully went to Central America with them a few years ago. At the party my mom and I were standing around talking to the wife, when the husband walked up. She slid her hands around his waist, looked up at him adoringly, and said, "I have told you lately how good you look in yellow? You look in nothing, but yellow really brings out your eyes." Everyone gasped, gagged and backed out of the circle. After her open and out loud pillow talk, her husband told us that he used to get embarrased, but "what's the point?" he said. She talks to him like that ofen. Playful and edgy. They are grandparents!

As embarrassing awkard as it was, she is meeting a pretty basic need. We all need to be appreciated to feel loved and of worth. So gals, appreciate what your husband does around the house, how hard he works at his job, and how well he does (fill in the blank). Let them know how much we appreciate his looks, his masculinity, his talents, his character, etc. See "Power of Appreciation" for more on this.

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread. Mother Teresa

I am looking for opportunities to say "thank you" to my husband. I plan to be specific about what I'm thanking him for and to say it with an appreciative tone in my voice.

My beloved is dazzling and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand. Song of Songs 5:10 NAS


Sonnet 104 - Shakespeare
To me, fair friend, you never can be old,
For as you were when first your eye I eyed,
Such seems your beauty still. Three winters cold
Have from the forests shook three summers' pride,
Three beauteous springs to yellow autumn turned
In process of the seasons have I seen,
Three April pérfumes in three hot Junes burned,
Since first I saw you fresh, which yet are green.
Ah yet doth beauty, like a dial hand,
Steal from his figure, and no pace perceived;
So your sweet hue, which methinks still doth stand,
Hath motion, and mine eye may be deceived:
For fear of which, hear this, thou age unbred,
Ere you were born was beauty's summer dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh!

I thought my 15 minutes of fame would be bigger than this!

Love you Heather

Renee =)

Anonymous said...

It's good to know somebody is impressed-- My daughters sure aren't!

Blessings,
John